Monday, August 16, 2010

Today.Was.A.Fairytale

Leave it to Taylor Swift to write the perfect lyrics for today.  Most people who read this blog (if anyone actually does :) know by now that I leave for Costa Rica in less than a week.  Eek!

I've been waiting for this moment for so long, it feels almost surreal.  It all began 2.5 years ago when I first applied to Peace Corps and since then God has taken me on a crazy adventure trying to discern where my next step in this big journey of life would take me and how exactly to get there (a.k.a. 15 months of fundraising!)

Today.Was.A.Fairytale....it all started last night with my final shift at Kona Grill.  Please don't get me wrong, I am thankful for that job.  I'm thankful God provided financially over the past three years through it and thankful for how every single day God showed me places in my life and heart that weren't fully surrendered to Him through it, where ugliness took the place where humility, peacemaking and grace should have been.  So, I am thankful for the past 3 years at Kona.  And I am also IMMENSELY JOYFUL that I never have to work there again!

My fairytale day ended with a beautiful sunset on a long drive home from Lafayette with some old school Jars of Clay bringing tears to my eyes:

"...someday she'll understand the meaning of it all...someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him, someday He'll call her and she will come running and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray--'I want to fall in love with you!' "

This song that has such a special place in my heart, so much sentimental value, became fresh for me tonite.  I pray that every single day I'll come running to Jesus saying, "I want to fall in love with you!"  I can't claim to trust Him perfectly, or to see Him truly, or to understand the meaning of it all--but I can come running to fall in His arms with tears running down my face praying to love Him more and more each day.

Because this is IT!  The Great Adventure isn't traveling to Costa Rica, living overseas for three years, or even sharing God's love and grace with teenagers...it's falling more in love with God and His heart and purposes here on earth each day.  It's surrendering my will to something so much bigger than me.

Tonite as I lay down to sleep this is my prayer:  His Kingdom come, His will be done on earth (and in my heart and life) as it is in Heaven.  Amen.

1 comment:

Jeff Cochran said...

Thanks for stopping in yesterday, Ali! You'll have to keep us posted on your progress with the Asics and its many encounters with the treadmill. Good luck, God speed, and have fun!