Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pictures from CCO/NST (YL Training in Colorado)


The whole international Young Life crew at our commissioning service at the end of Cross-Cultural Orientation in Colorado Springs.  We are heading to Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America--all over the world.



This is the main lodge at Crooked Creek Ranch in Fraser, Colorado where we were for the second 2 weeks of training--New Staff Training with a total of about 175 new staff from the U.S. and internationally.



The beautiful mountain view from Crooked Creek.  I got to look at this during breaks--it kept me going with 10-12 hours of class and lectures every day!



And when I was feeling REALLY tired in the mornings--sunrises like this got me up and reminded me of the beauty of creation all around me!  



It wasn't ALL work :)  Here is a group of my new international friends (and Devin, who does YL in Florida)--from the left:  Meagan (going to Germany), Bonnie (Belgium), Sarah (England), Emily (Dominican Republic), Sarah (Tanzania), me, Devin, Denae (Singapore), and Ariel (Portugal).  At every Young Life camp they hold a carnival for this kids--this was my first time experiencing the carnival as a "camper."  We had fair food (cotton candy, popcorn, corn dogs, funnel cakes!), games, and lots of laughter!

I just wanted you to get a quick snapshot of my few weeks in Colorado!

No comments: