Thursday, July 15, 2010

Exciting Fundraising Update!

I am happy to share that I have reached 92% of my budget!  In the past couple of days, I've had some current supporters step up their giving and some new major supporters join the team!

I also made a very tough decision.  I decreased my salary by 1/3.  This was a difficult decision, but I feel as if God has been moving in the last couple of weeks and really wants me in Costa Rica in August!  I know that all of my supporters make a financial sacrifice to be a part of my team and support Young Life in Costa Rica.  I stand with you doing the same!

The new salary level will be sufficient (tight! but sufficient) while I am in language school and living with a host family.  After I finish language school, though, I will need to increase my salary to meet the increased cost of living by myself (or hopefully with a roommate).  I hope you will be able to join me then in helping meet the increased need!

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you have provided financial support, encouragement and prayers.  There is no way I would have gotten through the past 1.5 years without you--and I consider each of you angels sent by God!

THAT SAID, I still have $425/month ($5,100/year) left to raise in monthly pledges over three years in the next 15 days (yes, 15 days!) to be able to go on staff in August and leave for Costa Rica for the start of the school year and my language school semester.  Please let me know if you know of anyone who might be interested in joining my support team with a monthly gift of $25, 50, 100 or more!  And as always, I appreciate your prayers in helping me leap this last hurdle to cross the finish line August 1st!

No comments: